This time of year is a time of reflection, celebration and giving. At the Resource Center we see day-to-day hardships that the families we serve through our programs experience. We want to give back to the families in our community by ensuring that they enjoy a special meal in celebration of Thanksgiving and that their children are able to unwrap gifts for the holidays.
We are hosting our annual Thanksgiving Food Drive and Holiday Helper Drive and welcome your help.
THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE
There are three ways to contribute:
- Create a basket of food. See flyer for a list of food items;
- Donate a gift card for a local grocery store valued at $50 or more;
- Make a tax-deductible donation online and we will create the gift basket on your behalf. You can mail checks to: Prince George’s Child Resource Center, Inc. 9475 Lottsford Road, Suite 202 | Largo, MD 20774
HOLIDAY HELPER ALERT
You can help bring hope this year by becoming a HOLIDAY HELPER!
Here’s how you can be a part of Holiday Helper:
Adopt a local family (families participating in our programs)
We will send you details including families’ individualized “wish lists” with ages of children, clothing sizes, etc. to help you compile your donations, Generally, suggestions will include:
- Gift card to a local grocery store. Since we serve families from different cultures, a gift card will allow them to celebrate their own holiday traditions.
- New warm clothing items such as coats, jackets, hats and gloves for parents and children.
- Educational toys and books for children. Or
Make a secure donation to the Resource Center