Position: Family Support Worker
Location: Adelphi/Langley Park Family Support Center, Adelphi, MD
Healthy Families Prince George’s, an evidence-based home visiting program developed to support families as they prepare for and welcome new babies into their homes, is seeking a Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English) Family Support Worker. The Family Support Worker position involves lesson planning, home visits related to maternal and child health, school readiness, family stability, and self-sufficiency. and writing reports of each home visit.
Must have the following:
• knowledge of and/or experience with infant/child development
• knowledge of and/or experience with mental health issues faced by families
• experience working with families
• reliable transportation and willingness to use personal vehicle for home visits on a daily basis
• willingness to work with culturally diverse families and colleagues
• strong problem solving and organizational skills
• strong communication and interpersonal skills
A four-year degree is preferred but not required.
Extensive training is provided by the program and each Family Support Worker receives clinical, administrative and reflective supervision on a weekly basis.
May have to travel out of state for training purposes. Mileage is reimbursed at the current rate as determined by the IRS.
This full time job comes with an excellent benefits package including health insurance and retirement plan. There are opportunities for advancement.
Submit resumé to Alyson Jacobson: email@example.com