Position: Family Support Specialist, Healthy Families Prince George’s
Location: Adelphi/Langley Park Family Support Center, Adelphi, MD
Provide in home intervention to prenatal and pregnant mothers. Intervention includes teaching parenting skills, health education, nurturing parent-child interactions, basic child development, infant care, and advocacy. Assess the need for referrals and perform case management duties as necessary. Goal of the program and intervention is to increase mother’s knowledge of infant care, to reduce risks for child abuse and neglect, ensure positive parent-child relationships, reduce poor birth outcomes, and prevent health and developmental problems of newborns.
- High school graduate (minimum education).
- Work experience in childcare, child development, home visiting, and /or work with families and children.
- Access to reliable transportation, ability to work flexible hours.
- Motivated to work as a member of a culturally diverse team; bilingual skills are necessary.
- Engage families in a trusting, supportive, and empowering relationship
- Accurately document interventions, complete required paperwork, submit paperwork in a timely manner in accordance with program standards.
- Completes time sheets, mileage sheets, reimbursement sheets accurately and submit on time to supervisor
- Assist in collection of program data
- Participates in weekly team meetings, staff meetings and trainings
- Participates in individual and group supervision sessions
- Consistently follow Healthy Families policies and procedures