Position: Special Programs Coordinator
Location: Largo, MD
Provides leadership and coordination of professional development and capacity building activities for child care providers. Works closely with community partners to plan and carry out programs, gathers statistical data to document services and results, offers ongoing consultation, information, coaching and other support to child care programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field;
- Experience working in an early childhood education program such as a family child care home, child care center, Head Start or Early Head Start, or school age program as well as experience in child care program start-up and operation;
- Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) approved and qualified trainer;
- Experience in developing and implementing training for child care professionals
- Familiarity with principles of adult education and knowledge of current trends in child development and early childhood education
- Proficiency in developing training programs and materials for adults
- Knowledge of child care delivery system, including quality improvement areas (Maryland EXCELS, accreditation, environmental rating scales, etc.)
- Ability to establish rapport with funders, child care providers, parents and the general public
- Provide consultation and support to programs and providers in target areas identified by special project funders as well as PGCRC technical assistance program;
- Identify professional development needs and assist programs in making environmental and programmatic changes to benefit children enrolled in programs;
- Generate and provide reports as requested by funders
- Fully support PGCRC training and capacity building with development and implementation of training, coaching and mentoring and group sessions during traditional working hours, evenings and weekends.
Benefits include health/dental insurance, 401k, and generous leave.
Send resume to Jodi Regner, email@example.com