Position: Family Support Specialist
Location: Adelphi or Largo, MD
Healthy Families Prince George’s, an evidence-based home visiting program developed to support families as they prepare for and welcome new babies into their homes, is seeking a Family Support Specialist for Healthy Families Prince George’s. The individual will provide in-home intervention to prenatal and pregnant mothers, assess the need for referrals, and perform case management duties. Must have knowledge of infant/child development, mental health and experience working with families. Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills are required, as well as a willingness to work with culturally diverse families and colleagues. A four-year degree is preferred but not required. Extensive training and supervision is provided.
- High school graduate (minimum education).
- Work experience in childcare, child development, home visiting, and /or relevant work with families and children.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to use personal vehicle conduct home visits. Mileage is reimbursed at the current rate as determined by the IRS.
- Motivated to work as a member of a culturally diverse team; bilingual skills may be necessary.
- Engage families in a trusting, supportive, and empowering relationship
- Accurately document interventions, complete required paperwork, submit paperwork in a timely manner in accordance with program standards.
- Completes time sheets, mileage sheets, reimbursement sheets accurately and submit on time to supervisor
- Assist in collection of program data
- Participates in weekly team meetings, staff meetings and trainings
- Participates in individual and group supervision sessions
- Consistently follow Healthy Families policies and procedures
This full-time job comes with an excellent benefits package including health insurance and retirement plan. There are opportunities for advancement.
Send resumé to Alyson Jacobson –