Prince George’s Child Resource Center helps create healthy and nurturing environments for children by supporting their families and educating their caregivers.
Each year the Resource Center provides family support services to over 1,500 families and training to over 2,000 child care providers, parents and human services workers potentially touching the lives of nearly half a million children since 1990. We do this through home visits, child development education, links to community services, and adult education.
Prince George’s Child Resource Center’s programs change lives daily by ensuring that:
- Children have a secure bond with their parents and families;
- Children grow up in homes free of abuse and neglect;
- Children enter school ready to learn.
- Families have access to high-quality child care, adequate housing, health care and nutrition
- Adults have access to literacy (ESOL, ABE, GED – English for speakers of other languages, Adult Basic Education, General Education Development) and career education
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations – Standards for Excellence
- Human Services Coalition of Prince George’s County – Outstanding Human Services Organization for 2009
- Catalogue for Philanthropy
- Alliance for Workplace Excellence – Workplace Excellence Award
- Housing and Community Development – Best Practices in Family Literacy
- Maryland Child Care Resource Network
- Child Care Aware of America (Formerly NACCRRA)
- United Way – #8100
- Combined Federal Campaign – #28871
- Maryland Charity Campaign – #9551
- Guidestar Exchange – Gold Level