This summer, Prince George’s County Executive Angela Alsobrooks recognized the needs of families and child care programs since the pandemic started and how important it is for Prince George’s County to invest in child care centers and family child care homes as you try to reopen. She then announced the Child Care Provider Recovery Program, in which $2 million of CARES Act Funding would be directed toward child care grants! Centers are eligible for up to $20,000 and family child care homes are eligible for up to $3,000. Apply now!
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Applications for the grants are still being accepted now. Applications received before October 2, 2020 will be awarded on October 16, 2020. Applications approved after October 2, 2020 will be announced beginning October 30, 2020.
Are you eligible for these grants?
- Licensed Child Care Centers
- Registered Family Child Care Homes
- Must be currently closed or recently reopened
- Licensed/Registered in the County and in “good standing” with the state
- Provide child care to children who are infants, toddlers, preschoolers (age 5 or under!)
- Financial loss because of COVID-19
- Not in bankruptcy or litigation
- Have not received funds from other County COVID-19 recovery business relief programs
- Have a program that is currently closed or that reopened after June 1
Here’s how funds can be used in your program:
- Funds must be used to support your efforts to re-open your child care program.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Fixed debt payments and other business critical cash operating costs
Action Steps to Apply
Process at a Glance:
- Get confirmation your business is active and in “good standing” with the state. Search here. Take a photo of the screen that says your business is active an in good standing.
- Important! Family Child Care Homes, if you are not a registered business with the state of Maryland, it is ok! Please say the following in your application: “I, [insert your name] am a sole proprietor from my family child care business.”
- Start and complete the online application
- If you have difficulties with the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait to hear back from Prince George’s County on October 16th if you applied before October 2. Applications approved after October 2nd will be awarded on October 30th. Awardees will be notified by email.
- Complete Online Application
- A copy of your Maryland State Department of Education License
- Evidence of Good Standing (screenshot/photo accepted). Family child care providers see 1.a. under “Steps to Apply.”
- Copy of a Voided Check
If you run into a snag with the online application, please email email@example.com and reach out to us too (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Resource Center!
Updated on 10/9/2020