A special day for directors and assistant directors to rejuvenate and renew their professionalism.
PRESENTER: CHRIS KELLEY
Devereux Center for Resilient Children
There is a critical connection between the health and well-being of children and the adults who care for them. Chris Kelley will teach us:
- How the social and emotional well-being of the adult has an impact on their ability to care for children
- Specific, simple, inexpensive strategies to reduce stress and promote the adult’s social and emotional health.
The training uses the Devereux Adult Resilience Survey to offer a fun way for caregivers to recognize the importance of their own resilience and how it relates to their ability to provide quality care to children.
Get ready to reflect, laugh and have fun!
8:00-9:00 Check-in & Breakfast
9:00 Welcome- Jennifer Iverson, Executive Director
9:15-12:15 Building Your Bounce: Strategies to Support Adult Resilience – Part 1
12:15-1:00 Lunch and Table Talk
1:00-4:00 Building Your Bounce: Strategies to Support Adult Resilience – Part 2
4:00 Tea & Pastries
Participants will earn 6 Core of Knowledge Hours.
Fee: $75 | Includes breakfast and lunch
Registration closes 10/15/19
- Directors, Owners and Assistant Directors ONLY
- No REFUNDS will be issued
- $25 service fee for returned checks
- We love children but only adults will be admitted to the Institute
- To receive a certificate of completion, participants must stay until the end of the day
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request. Requests deadline: 10/15/2019
Newton White Mansion
2708 Enterprise Road
Mitchellville, MD 20721
Questions? Call 301.772.8420, ext. 1001 or 1002