You can help ensure that Prince George’s County children live in healthy, nurturing environments!
Prince George’s Child Resource Center is actively seeking volunteers! We welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences to participate in the organization!
How Can You Help?
- Work onsite with children – Help children learn through interactive play.
- Make Learning Kits – Our in-home services bring playful education to children in their homes. Our team use the activity bags to help children and parents see the possibilities of learning through play.
- Administrative Support – Assist our team by providing filing, organizing and additional administrative support.
- In-kind Services – Our community can make a huge impact in providing support through in-kind donations of services. We encourage our community members with special skills or services to share those with our families.
- Tutor Adults – Share your skills with parents in our program. Tutoring can include English, computer skills, resumé development and more.
- Mentoring Support – If you’re looking to make an extended commitment to provide support to our families, we encourage you to consider our mentoring program.
- Donate Supplies – Our team is always looking for additional ways to provide support to our families. Many times, there is a need for some of the most basic items such as formula (for all infant ages), diapers, children and adult clothing, books, gently used toys and shoes.
- Financial Support – Make a monetary donation.
Information Sessions are held monthly so you may learn more about Prince George’s Child Resource Center and volunteer opportunities. Please Note: We are currently in a transitional period as we fill the position for Volunteer Coordinator. To ensure that we accommodate you to the best of our ability we are currently placing our volunteer assignments on hold. We apologize for the inconvenience.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently in transition and without a Volunteer Coordinator. Please give us a call if you have any questions? Please call: 301.772.8420
Volunteers help us achieve our mission:
To help create healthy and nurturing environments for children
by supporting their families and educating their caregivers.